STAND NUMBER: 4-G21
X-ray Mineral Services Ltd
Comprehensive Mineral and Chemical Analysis for geo-engineering and geo-environmental applications.
X-ray Mineral Services Ltd. (XMS) was established in 1997 to provide a high-quality X-ray Diffraction (XRD) and X-ray Fluorescence (XRF) analytical service. We have a fully equipped laboratory located in the United Kingdom and offer a confidential, comprehensive and efficient XRD and XRF analysis at a competitive price using fully trained and experienced personnel. The business is currently based in North Wales and employs 11 staff and one consultant.
The company has expanded its client base steadily over the last 21 years, providing exclusive analytical services to a substantial number of petroleum service companies and oil companies. and now works in many new sectors which include tile manufacturers, quarrying, mining, geo-technical and building companies.
Our laboratory is equipped with the most advanced XRD and XRF analytical techniques which include spray drying facilities for preparation of bulk-rock XRD powders together with innovative interpretation software including 'Search-Match' with PDF-4 (Minerals) ICDD database, 'Siroquant' and `Autoquan` for XRD quantitative phase analysis and High Score+ with PDF-4 (Minerals) database for interpretation and Rietveld analysis.
Our Analytical Services
- XRD Whole Rock: A semi-quantitative measurement of the total mineral content of a sample including a full interpretation particularly with respect to silica minerals, feldspar and carbonate compositions, zeolites and heavy minerals.
- XRD Clay-fraction quantification: A separation and quantification of the <2 micron clay fraction phases with glycolation and heating to 380C and 550C to help identify the components. Where feasible this analysis will provide information on:
- Kaolin polytypes eg kaolinite, dickite and halloysite
- The Fe: Mg ratio of chlorites to identify chamosite or clinochlore
- Illite polytypes 1M and 2M to help determine authigenic or detrital origin
- Swelling clays (smectites) and mixed-layer clays eg illite/smectite, chlorite/smectite, kaolinite/smectite, serpentine/chlorite.
- Illite/smectite ratios and type of interstratification ie random, ordered and long-range, to help determine diagenetic transformation phase of illite/smectite and organic maturity levels.
- Minor and less common clays eg sepiolite and palygorskite
- XRF Major Elements: Fused Bead analysis for 12 Major Elements plus LOI
- SiO2, TiO2, Al2O3, Fe2O3, MnO, MgO, CaO, Na2O, K2O, P2O5, SO3, BaO
- XRF Trace Elements: Pressed Powder Pellet analysis for Trace Elements
- V, Cr, Co, Ni, Cu, Zn, Ga, As, Se, Rb, Sr, Y, Zr, Nb, Mo, Sn, Sb, Cs, Ba, La, Ce, Nd, W, Pb, Th, U.
01492 535 250